Linkbucks

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 20

Today was my first experience working with the Google Maps API. After working with it for most of the day, I have to say that I’m underwhelmed. I was expecting something a little more, beautiful, I guess. Instead I have this clunky framework that I have to seriously handicap my own skill to work with. I know lots of people worked a lot on this, and the API they’ve provided is designed to be easy for anyone to use, but idiot-proofing it has also genius-proofed it. Not that I’m a genius, but I’m not a bottom-level programmer, either. There is not a lot of support for dynamic inputs, which is to say, it’s not there, but I was able to work it into my page.
Other than the problems and disappointments of today, I made a lot of progress, and I think today was definitely a milestone in the project’s development.

No comments:

Post a Comment